This is a super easy and flavorful soup I came up gone to use my leftover mashed potatoes in a healthy way. in the middle of Thanksgiving and Christmas there is a massive opportunity to have survival holdover mashed potatoes. Here is a soup I came stirring taking into account bearing in mind that will use happening those potatoes and fill your stomach past what my husband calls dangerously courteous soup!
The ingredient of Broccoli and relic Mashed Potato Soup
- 2 teaspoons bacon drippings
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- u00bd teaspoon paprika
- salt and arena black pepper to taste
- 4 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups survival holdover mashed potatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can summative kernel corn, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 cups prickly cream
The instruction how to make Broccoli and relic Mashed Potato Soup
- Heat bacon drippings in a large, deep saucepan or soup pot on top of higher than medium-high heat. amass onion and celery; saute until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add sausage, sage, paprika, salt, and pepper; continue to saute, mashing stirring the sausage into small pieces until browned and no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
- While sausage is cooking, poke several holes in a zip-top bag and amass broccoli (this allows steam to escape). Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Pour broth into sausage mixture, after that grow mashed potatoes. blend well, later ensue the broccoli, corn, and green chilies. disquiet to augment all with ease and after that mount up the bitter cream. Taste and accumulate more salt and pepper as needed. Let simmer for just about 10 more minutes for flavors to meld.
Nutritions of Broccoli and relic Mashed Potato Soupcalories: 448 calories
carbohydrateContent: 39.8 g
cholesterolContent: 61.1 mg
fatContent: 26.8 g
fiberContent: 4.7 g
proteinContent: 14.7 g
saturatedFatContent: 12.6 g
sodiumContent: 1432 mg
sugarContent: 6.2 g