A big favorite of my Swedish-raised husband. This reminds him of his grandmas kitchen every single one time. further hot gone butter. These are supreme as leftovers, sliced and fried, served similar to a fried egg.
The ingredient of Kroppkakor - Swedish Potato Dumplings
- u00bc pound salt pork, cubed
- 1 small onion, harshly roughly chopped
- 1u2009u00bd cups Cool mashed potatoes
- 1 large egg
- u00be teaspoon salt
- u00bc teaspoon field black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- u00bd cup all-purpose flour
- 1 gallon water, or as needed
- 2 (32 fluid ounce) containers beef broth
The instruction how to make Kroppkakor - Swedish Potato Dumplings
- Fry salt pork in the manner of onion in a skillet until the salt pork is golden brown, approximately 10 minutes. Drain fat and set salt pork and onion mixture aside.
- blend mashed potatoes, egg, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg together in a bowl; disconcert whisk 1 cup flour into potato mixture. Sprinkle 1 cup flour onto a achievement surface and turn the dough out onto the flour. Knead the flour in this area the feat surface into the dough.
- Cut dough into 12 equal pieces and roll into balls, dusting your hands and sprinkling proceed surface taking into account bearing in mind long-lasting 1/2 cup flour. Press your thumb into each dumpling to make an indentation, and fill past a small amount of salt pork-onion mixture. Pinch the dumplings closed and roll in flour.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. If desired, replace half the water gone beef broth. Drop dumplings into the boiling water and broth and cut heat to low. Simmer until cooked through, virtually 25 minutes. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
Nutritions of Kroppkakor - Swedish Potato Dumplingscalories: 206.8 calories
carbohydrateContent: 25.2 g
cholesterolContent: 24.2 mg
fatContent: 8.8 g
fiberContent: 1.2 g
proteinContent: 6 g
saturatedFatContent: 3.2 g
sodiumContent: 868.3 mg
sugarContent: 0.8 g